SIGMA 15 (2019), 062, 15 pages arXiv:1903.11893
Integrable Modifications of the Ito-Narita-Bogoyavlensky Equation
Rustem N. Garifullin and Ravil I. Yamilov
Institute of Mathematics, Ufa Federal Research Centre, Russian Academy of Sciences, 112 Chernyshevsky Street, Ufa 450008, Russia
Received April 01, 2019, in final form August 14, 2019; Published online August 23, 2019
We consider five-point differential-difference equations. Our aim is to find integrable modifications of the Ito-Narita-Bogoyavlensky equation related to it by non-invertible discrete transformations. We enumerate all modifications associated to transformations of the first, second and third orders. As far as we know, such a classification problem is solved for the first time in the discrete case. We analyze transformations obtained to specify their nature. A number of new integrable five-point equations and new transformations have been found. Moreover, we have derived one new completely discrete equation. There are a few non-standard transformations which are of the Miura type or are linearizable in a non-standard way. We have also proved that the orders of possible transformations are restricted by the number five in this problem.
Key words: Miura transformation; integrable differential-difference equation; Ito-Narita-Bogoyavlensky equation.
pdf (399 kb)
tex (54 kb)
- Adler V.E., Necessary integrability conditions for evolutionary lattice equations, Theoret. and Math. Phys. 181 (2014), 1367-1382, arXiv:1406.1522.
- Adler V.E., Integrable Möbius-invariant evolutionary lattices of second order, Funct. Anal. Appl. 50 (2016), 257-267, arXiv:1605.00018.
- Bogoyavlensky O.I., Integrable discretizations of the KdV equation, Phys. Lett. A 134 (1988), 34-38.
- Garifullin R.N., Gubbiotti G., Yamilov R.I., Integrable discrete autonomous quad-equations admitting, as generalized symmetries, known five-point differential-difference equations, J. Nonlinear Math. Phys. 26 (2019), 333-357, arXiv:1810.11184.
- Garifullin R.N., Yamilov R.I., Integrable discrete nonautonomous quad-equations as Bäcklund auto-transformations for known Volterra and Toda type semidiscrete equations, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 621 (2015), 012005, 18 pages, arXiv:1405.1835.
- Garifullin R.N., Yamilov R.I., Levi D., Non-invertible transformations of differential-difference equations, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 49 (2016), 37LT01, 12 pages, arXiv:1604.05634.
- Garifullin R.N., Yamilov R.I., Levi D., Classification of five-point differential-difference equations, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 50 (2017), 125201, 27 pages, arXiv:1610.07342.
- Garifullin R.N., Yamilov R.I., Levi D., Classification of five-point differential-difference equations II, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 51 (2018), 065204, 16 pages, arXiv:1708.02456.
- Itoh Y., An $H$-theorem for a system of competing species, Proc. Japan Acad. 51 (1975), 374-379.
- Kuznetsova M.N., Pekcan A., Zhiber A.V., The Klein-Gordon equation and differential substitutions of the form $v=\phi(u,u_x,u_y)$, SIGMA 8 (2012), 090, 37 pages, arXiv:1111.7255.
- Levi D., Petrera M., Scimiterna C., Yamilov R., On Miura transformations and Volterra-type equations associated with the Adler-Bobenko-Suris equations, SIGMA 4 (2008), 077, 14 pages, arXiv:0802.1850.
- Mikhailov A.V., Xenitidis P., Second order integrability conditions for difference equations: an integrable equation, Lett. Math. Phys. 104 (2014), 431-450, arXiv:1305.4347.
- Narita K., Soliton solution to extended Volterra equation, J. Phys. Soc. Japan 51 (1982), 1682-1685.
- Papageorgiou V.G., Nijhoff F.W., On some integrable discrete-time systems associated with the Bogoyavlensky lattices, Phys. A 228 (1996), 172-188.
- Scimiterna C., Hay M., Levi D., On the integrability of a new lattice equation found by multiple scale analysis, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 47 (2014), 265204, 16 pages, arXiv:1401.5691.
- Sokolov V.V., On the symmetries of evolution equations, Russian Math. Surveys 43 (1988), no. 5, 165-204.
- Startsev S.Ya., On hyperbolic equations that admit differential substitutions, Theoret. and Math. Phys. 127 (2001), 460-470.
- Startsev S.Ya., On non-point invertible transformations of difference and differential-difference equations, SIGMA 6 (2010), 092, 14 pages, arXiv:1010.0361.
- Suris Yu.B., The problem of integrable discretization: Hamiltonian approach, Progress in Mathematics, Vol. 219, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 2003.
- Wadati M., Transformation theories for nonlinear discrete systems, Progr. Theoret. Phys. Suppl. 59 (1976), 36-63.
- Xenitidis P., Determining the symmetries of difference equations, Proc. A. 474 (2018), 20180340, 20 pages.
- Yamilov R.I., Invertible changes of variables generated by Bäcklund transformations, Theoret. and Math. Phys. 85 (1990), 1269-1275.
- Yamilov R.I., On the construction of Miura type transformations by others of this kind, Phys. Lett. A 173 (1993), 53-57.
- Yamilov R.I., Construction scheme for discrete Miura transformations, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 27 (1994), 6839-6851.
- Yamilov R.I., Symmetries as integrability criteria for differential difference equations, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 39 (2006), R541-R623.
- Zhang H., Tu G.Z., Oevel W., Fuchssteiner B., Symmetries, conserved quantities, and hierarchies for some lattice systems with soliton structure, J. Math. Phys. 32 (1991), 1908-1918.